Event Title: RCICs, LMIAs and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program – 5.5 CPD Hours
Event Date: This live webinar will be conducted on April 23 from 11:00 to 17:00 (Eastern Time).
There will be a total of 6 hours of live, interactive webinar time including 30 minutes of break.
The 30 minutes of break are not counted as CPD hours.
Cost: $150 for this webinar or part of our CPD Bundle.
Instructor: Andrew Carvajal, LL.B / B.C.L., M.A., B.A.
Attendance: Live Webinar. A video of the event will be released after the webinar with 90 days of validity.
Organization: RCICCPD by Full Skills Exam Prep
Agenda: This is the breakdown of the upcoming event.
- What is work and who needs a work permit
- Initial client assessment
- Work permit exemptions
- LMIA exemptions
- Employer vs. employee involvement
- Workers – A type of temporary residence
- Temporary residents by class
- Underlying principles, legislation, manuals, policies
- LMIA applications generally
- Determining the stream
- Provincial medial wage
- LMIA supporting permanent residence
- Alberta restricted occupation list
- Refusal to process LMIA application
- Low Wage applications
- Foreign Worker Cap
- Sample calculation
- High Wage applications
- Transition Plans
- Determining the wage
- Advertising Requirements
- New recruitment requirements August 2017 – Job Match, targeting vulnerable populations
- LMIAs supporting Permanent Residence applications
- Global Talent Stream
- Labour Market Benefits Plan
- Dealing with ESDC/Service Canada and preparing clients for communications with government officers
- Refusals and your options
- Employer compliance
- LMIA Work Permits
- Where to apply for a work permit
- The work permit assessment process
- Factors prohibiting the issuance for a work permit
- LMIA and Work Permit fees
- Ethical considerations
- Dual representation – conflicts of interest
- Payment of LMIA fees and recruitment costs
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.