A to Z to PR: Everything RCICs need to know about Representing Clients who need Language Exams: 1.5 Hours.
Event Date: This live webinar was conducted on November 4 2020 from 11:00-12:30: (Eastern Time).
There was a total of 1.5 hours of live, interactive webinar time.
Cost: $45 for this webinar video or part of our CPD Bundle.
Instructor: Kyle Broda, RCIC, M.Ed., M.A.
Expiry: These webinars have now expired for ICCRC CPD purposes, but can still be helpful for your general RCIC education! Here are the recording and expiry dates.
Attendance: This event was hosted by live webinar. You are purchasing a recorded video of the event.
Organization: RCICCPD by Full Skills Exam Prep/ExamPreparation.ca.
Questions: Click here to let us know your specific questions about the topics below and we will answer them during the events!
Agenda: This is the breakdown of the event.
Event Title: A to Z to PR: Everything RCICs need to know about Representing Clients who need Language Exams.
- Introducing the lecturers, course outline and starting questions.
- Are language exams the most important factor in having immigration options?
- Who needs a language exam? Why? Which one?
- Language exams in IRPA and IRPR: A3(1)(b) and R74(3): IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, TCF.
- How language exams relate to Canada’s Immigration Objectives as per IRPA A3(1).
- IRPA A(3)(b): How CLB correlates to IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, TCF.
Initial Client Immigration Assessment
- How the October 2020 Express Entry French Points Changes play a role in your client CRS Point Strategy.
- Maintaining professional ethics and standards when assessing clients who have language results.
- Popular immigration options for candidates with a score of CLB 7 vs CLB 9.
- The Express Entry dilemma.
- Options to explore for clients who speak English and French.
- Strategies for clients who are 1 CLB score less than what they need:
- Assessing if the person can achieve the required score.
- Re-taking the language exam vs challenging results.
- Tips for strategizing with clients who do not have language exam results.
- Determining any available immigration options for clients with low language scores.
- Different language exam strategies for clients who want to study in Canada.
Common Client Questions about Language Exams needed for Immigration or Study in Canada (and how to answer professionally!)
A Deep Dive into Designated Language Exams: IRPR R74: IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, TCF
- Fees, Locations, Registration Procedures, Timeline to Results.
- COVID-19 changes to language exams.
- How understanding the language exam scoring system helps RCICs help their clients.
- IRCC and Country Data on IELTS vs CELPIP: Determining the best options for your clients.
Avoiding Ethical Issues
- Avoiding conflicts of interest for RCICs who engage in education consulting.
- Common areas of misguidance with clients and language exams.
Review + Scenarios
Q & A