Prioritized LMIA and WP Processing for Essential Occupations! 2 CPD Hours
Event Date: This live webinar was conducted on December 4 2020 from 16:00-18:15 (Eastern Time).
There will be a total of 2 hours of live, interactive webinar time.
Cost: $60 for this webinar video or part of our CPD Bundle.
Expiry: Click here for the webinar video expiry dates for ICCRC CPD-reporting purposes.
Attendance: This event will be hosted by live webinar from our offices at 1555 Rue De La Visitation, Montreal (Quebec) H2L 3C2. A video of the event will be available 24 hours after the event is concluded.
Organization: RCICCPD by Full Skills Exam Prep/ExamPreparation.ca.
Questions: Click here to let us know your specific questions about the topics below and we will answer them during the events!
Agenda: This is the breakdown of the upcoming event.
Event Title: Prioritized LMIA and WP Processing for Essential Occupations!
Introduction (3 minutes)
- Introducing the lecturer, course outline and starting questions. (3 minutes)
- Data on Foreign Workers in Canada. (3 minutes)
- Foreign Workers, LMIAs and Employers as described in Canada’s Immigration Legislation. (3 minutes)
- Work Permit Program Delivery Changes due to COVID-19. (3 minutes)
- Work-permit exempt foreign nationals seeking to work in critical occupations. (3 minutes)
3 common situations (and solutions) for Foreign Workers who seek representation. (3 minutes)
- People who are overseas looking for Canadian Employment. (3 minutes)
- People who are in Canada and are mismatched with an employer. (3 minutes)
- People without status who are working illegally. (3 minutes)(30 minutes completed)
Prioritized Work Permit and LMIA Procedures for Temporary Foreign Workers in Essential Occupations and the Companies that hire them (5 minutes)
- Understanding the role and requirements of the RCIC, Worker, Employer, ESDC, and IRCC. (5 minutes)
- Exploring the prioritized NOC codes that the ESDC prioritizes for LMIAs. (5 minutes)
- Agricultural, agri-food and truck driving occupations. (5 minutes)
- Health-related occupations. (5 minutes)
- Fees, timelines, possible outcomes and common pitfalls to avoid. (5 minutes)(60 minutes completed)
15 minute break: This time does not count towards CPD hours.
Practical Tips, Advice and Strategies for Working With Work Permits and LMIAs. (3 minutes)
- Maintaining ICCRC and Provincial Recruitment Licensing Requirements. (3 minutes)
- Finding your niche market and keeping track of your enquiries. (3 minutes)
- Common questions and misconceptions from prospective Foreign Workers and Employers. (3 minutes)
- Avoiding common mistakes with Work Permit and LMIA applications. (6 minutes)
Avoiding Ethical Issues (3 minutes)
- The dual role of RCIC and Employment Recruiter (3 minutes)
- Managing Client Expectations when the client is the employer and the worker. (3 minutes)
- Common areas of misguidance and misinformation with Foreign Workers. (3 minutes)
Review + Scenarios (10 minutes)
Q & A (20 minutes) (120 minutes total = 2 hours)