Event Title: 2019 Immigration Changes
Event Date: This video has expired for CPD purposes, but can still be used as a great educational tool.
There was be a total of 3 hours of live, interactive webinar time.
Cost: $90 for this webinar video or part of our CPD Bundle.
Event Expiry: This video has expired for CPD purposes. Here are the recording and expiry dates for ICCRC CPD-reporting purposes.
Organization: RCICCPD by Full Skills Exam Prep.
Agenda: This is the breakdown of the upcoming event.
The Refugee Fast-Track Process (15 minutes)
TCF as an accepted language exam (5 minutes)
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP)(10 minutes)
Post-graduation Work Permit Changes (15 minutes)
Parent and grandparent sponsorship new intake procedures (15 minutes: 1 hour total)
Expanded biometrics collection (15 minutes)
Major changes in Provincial Nominee Programs (15 minutes)
- Allocation by federal government of spots to NOC Levels C and D programs
- BC Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
- Extension and changes to the Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Caregivers (30 minutes: 2 hours total)
- Interim Pathway for Permanent Residence
- New pilots
- Work permit application procedures
- Work permit flexibility on changing employers
- Permits for dependents
- New paths to permanent residence
The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) (15 minutes)
- Business Visitors
- Intra-corporate Transferees
- Professionals and technicians
Global Talent Stream made a permanent program (15 minutes)
Noteworthy jurisprudence (15 minutes)
What to expect in 2020 (15 minutes: 3 hours total)
- Political/campaign promises
Total 3 hours. No breaks will be taken.