Fix this! Situations (and solutions!) for FNs in Canada: 3 CPD Hours
Event Date: This live webinar was conducted on December 2 2020 from 16:00-19:15: (Eastern Time).
There will be a total of 3 hours of live, interactive webinar time.
Cost: $90 for this webinar video or part of our CPD Bundle.
Expiry: Click here for the webinar video expiry dates for ICCRC CPD-reporting purposes.
Attendance: This event will be hosted by live webinar from our offices at 1555 Rue De La Visitation, Montreal (Quebec) H2L 3C2. A video of the event will be available 24 hours after the event is concluded.
Organization: RCICCPD by Full Skills Exam Prep/ExamPreparation.ca.
Questions: Click here to let us know your specific questions about the topics below and we will answer them during the events!
Agenda: This is the breakdown of the upcoming event.
Event Title: Fix this! Situations (and solutions!) for FNs in Canada
Introduction (2 minutes)
- Introducing the lecturers, course outline and starting questions. (10 minutes)
- What are the 3 common situations for FNs in Canada who seek representation? (3 minutes)
- People who need study, work, visitor permit and extensions. (5 minutes)
- People who want to change from a Visitor Permit to a Study or Work Permit. (5 minutes)
- People without status. (5 minutes)
- Who needs a Temporary Residence Visa/Permit, Work Permit, Study Permit? Why? (5 minutes)
- TRV, TRP, SP, and WP in IRPA and IRPR: R7, R12, R74, R183, R186, R190, R220 (3 minutes)
- How these topics relate to Canada’s Immigration Objectives as per IRPA A3(1). (2 minutes)
- Scenario #1-5: Match the situation with whether or not the person needs a TRV, TRP, SP or WP. (5 minutes) (45 Minutes Completed)
Managing the Initial Client Assessment (2 minutes)
- Practical tips on handling enquiries from FN who are in situation 1,2,3. (10 minutes)
- Professional ethics and standards when strategizing to help clients in scenario 6-10. (3 minutes)
- Scenario #6: FN in Canada who overstayed his/her SP, but didn’t study or work without authorization and now wants to re-establish status. (2 minutes)
- Scenario #7: FN in Canada who came as a tourist, overstayed, and has been working illegally. (3 minutes)
- Scenario #8: FN who was confused because they thought their visa is valid for 10 years. (2 minutes)
- Scenario #9: FN who used multiple passports. (3 minutes)
- Scenario #10: FN who came to Canada as a Visitor but now wants to switch to a WP or SP. (5 minutes)
The Common Client Questions about Re-establishing or Extending Status (and how to answer professionally!) (15 minutes) (90 Minutes Completed)
15 minute break: This time does not count towards CPD hours.
TRP and TRV Practical Tips and Procedures (5 minutes)
- The 4 TRV Types, Exemptions, Requirements and Procedures inside vs outside Canada. (5 minutes)
- Restoration of Status: R182 (5 minutes)
- What happens at the border when a person leaves and returns to Canada to change status? (5 minutes)
- Fees, Locations, Timeline to Results. (5 minutes)
- COVID-19 changes. (5 minutes)
- Biometric Issues and Solutions. (5 minutes)
- How understanding these topics helps RCICs help their clients. (5 minutes)
Avoiding Ethical Issues (5 minutes)
- Managing Client Expectations. (5 minutes)
- Avoiding potential issues with clients who engage in violations of IRPA/IRPR. (5 minutes)
- Common areas of misguidance and misinformation with clients and status. (5 minutes)
Review + Scenarios (15 minutes)
Q & A (15 minutes) (180 minutes completed = 3 hours)